About Me

My photo
God's children, married 41 years, 4 kids (and 3 spouses who complete our family) 10 grandkids, and blessed with family and friends.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Brooke and Matt's Wedding

Weddings are a new beginning ~ a precious time of celebrating true love...... with family and friends. We enjoyed going to our dear family friends' wedding this weekend. Brooke is the daughter of our dear friends we have had since "before kids" in the AF. We love them dearly. We joined with others in witnessing Brooke and Matt's wonderful wedding day. Happy Marriage to you two!

Brooke and Matt

Will the rain hold off?

Gorgeous setting.....by the James River

Mother of the Bride being seated

Ahhhh, the wedding has begun

Daughter in law, Kim .....yep....the rain is still coming.........

Steve escorts his precious daughter towards the ceremony

Mom and fiance' Matt watch Brooke come down the aisle

Mother of the groom and the groomsmen

Here comes the bride .......with proud Daddy Linda in her gorgeous outfit

Who gives this woman......"I do....her Dad! Matt's best man is his dad....to the right

Kissing Mom on the way out.....Mr. and Mrs.

Brother Ian and his wife, Kim

Yep.....not fifteen minutes later the skies opened up!!!! Thank you Lord for perfect timing.

Let the party begin......

Father/Daughter Dance I love you Daddy Let the dancing begin.....to all hours of the night :) Bouquet toss

and the "bride and groom" drive off on a golf cart........with sparklers leading them on Matt, Brooke and Glory (their new dog) at a "thank you " breakfast the following day Congratulations Matt and Brooke ~ Happy Marriage

6 comments:

Above or Below the Mason/Dixon said...

What a great weekend! And a great post! I'm so glad you know I blog-stalk you because now I can finally leave comments!! (c: It was really wonderful to see you and catch up a bit! Take care and talk soon!!

Courtney said...

i ALWAYS cry at wedding processionals...and you documented it so well i feel like i was there! :-) it was BEAUTIFUL!! and i'm SO glad the rain held off!!! wow!

Alden and Dorian said...

Kim, Hannah and I LOVED talking with you! It was really good to get caught up. We loved your dog! I tried your blog, but I guess I didn't remember the address right. I'll keep trying. :) Keep commenting, cause I'd love to stay in touch.

Alden and Dorian said...

Courtney ~ you are too cute. I totally appreciate what you said. Weddings are sooooooo special. See you SOON. :)

Above or Below the Mason/Dixon said...

YAY! Finn is doing really well... He went to the vet yesterday and they found hookworms, so he's being treated with two antibiotics; one for the hookworms and one is to help the natural flora in his intestines to return to healthy levels and reduce irritation in his bowels. Our vet also found a condition with his right eye called entropion - it's when the bottom eyelid folds in so his fur is constantly in his eye. This can cause scratches on the cornea, and eventually ulcers. It's a common condition in Sharpei's and pugs, but requires surgery to correct. (u.g.h.).

Our blog is ianandkim.blogspot.com. Hasn't been updated in quite some time. Hopefully now that I'm done for the semester I'll make more time for blogging!!

longest. comment. ever. sorry.

Linda Cav said...

Dorian,
Thank you for the pictures and your lovely comments. You did a great job! I love your blog! Watch out for Kim though, she IS a stalker! :)
Love you bunches!